Saturday, December 08, 2007

DONE

I am finished with arts and craft shows! FINALLY. I'm over it. Sales were bad, attendance was worse and one can only hear your stuff is so awesome, how do you make it and are those MICROPHONES so many times in a three month period.

I've had shows nearly every other weekend since October. I'm ready to sleep in and do other things for a number of weekends in a row.

I'm going to take JJM Handcrafted in a new direction next year. I don't think that weekend shows are the right path. I have 3 goals for next year.

1. take amazing pictures of every item
2. revamp website and etsy site
3. explore wholesale

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Yeah! These new goals are wonderful and I think they make total sense for you and your work. I also think you've got great potential for commissions for home dec.

Anonymous said...

I saw your work at the show on Fairfax... I think your work would move well into the wholesale market as I mentioned to you at the fair. I am with the California Gift Show and would love to talk with you more. Visit our website at www.californiagiftshow.com and contact me about special prices that we have for artisan booths. Our next wholesale only show is January 18-21!