Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So much going on

I've been approved to begin teaching a polymer clay class at Michael's. Now to come up with a lesson plan and a project. It is hard to think beginners. I plan to teach my first class in January. I hope that works with their schedule. If not, that'll have to do. I'm busy busy busy.

First up
10/21/07
Barnsdall Art Park October Arts and Crafts fair. Sadly, I cannot find one single thing about the fair online to link you up. I doubt that is a good thing. Let's hope that the word is out in other ways.

10/27/07
John Burroughs High in Burbank. Their first arts & crafts fair. I haven't a clue what to expect, but its local and inexpensive. The funds support the school arts, so that is good.

11/10/07
Craft Republic This one is at the fair grounds in Pomona. I'll rock the Inland Empire.

11/23/07-11/24/07
Handmade for the Holidays This should be awesome. The day after Thanksgiving and at the busiest intersection in Hollywood? Across the street from the Grove (big mall) and they will flyer every car to inform them of our fantastic handmade items. No lead here.

12/7/07-12/8/07
Fashion Co-Op Holiday I'm super excited about this show! I was invited to vend at another event this same week in December. That event looked just as awesome, but it came with a hefty price tag. I debated all weekend long what decision I would make, do I risk it and go for it, or not. I was still on the fence when I learned I was accepted into the Fashion Co-Op show. Hooray. This show was a third of the price of the other, and it will be just as great. It's at the same exact location of the other show, so I still get to experience showing in Santa Monica.

So all of that and my full-time job and holiday stuff! My job, btw, is going great. I'm learning a new responsibility and things are just great.

1 comment:

Amanda K Lockrow said...

I am doing the craft republic and handmade shows too. I am hoping to meet lots of wonderful people since I just started doing craft shows!