Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May 2, 2007

It is with great pleasure that today I announce to you the next President of the United States of America.....


Joanna!

I'm 35 today. And rather than be depressed that I'm 35 today I've decided to seize the moment and use my new age bracket to RUN FOR PRESIDENT! You know why? Because I am eligible.

I am. All you need to do is be born in the US of A. And be at least 35 years old.

I will not be accepting donations, that is just too much trouble. I'll campaign at lunch and on the interwebs, all for free. Who needs $100 million dollars? (ok I do, but I doubt I'd use it for freaking tv advertisements, maybe health care and homes and reformation of the criminal justice system)

So vote Joanna for President. I promise you won't be throwing away your vote. Really, you won't. You put that sucker in the vote box and let Florida throw it away.

I'm sorry if people excited for a more personal type of announcement, like babies or Oscar gift bags. I've got other things on my plate right now, like running for President.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I feel like an idiot that I didn't wish you happy birthday sooner.

Please accept a rain check for taking your out this weekend. Brother's wedding. Blah.

Anyway, may I please take you out to dinner soon?

Joanne S said...

Thank god you are NOW old enough to run for President! You have my vote.

I was sort of thinking you had gotten a book offer and were announcing the writing of it. Everyone else on the blogs is getting a book offer. Why not us?