Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The zoo

We went to the zoo yesterday. Here are some pictures and a video.

They opened the new Gorilla exhibit on Monday and had special early viewing for members. The exhibit is great, a lot like the Chimpanzee exhibit.

While we were standing watching the apes, a woman turned to me and said "excuse me". I leaned in to hear her and she asked me to pick up her child and place him on her shoulder. I looked at her, then at her kid and said no. She replied, really, you won't? No.

WTF? Why would I want to pick up your 4 year old kid, lift him up 4 feet and place him on your shoulders? Hell no.



A lion pooping. Everyone else was shitty, the kids, their diapers, the moms so why not the lion. I assume the lion was pooping because he walked around and kicked dirt all over behind where he was standing after he was finished. Like a cat does after pooing in the litter box. And then the girl lion went and stuck her nose in his butt, I don't know what that means.

I don't really like the color in these, I'm still learning with the new camera. It was dusk, I'm sure there is a setting. We look jaundiced, and our teeth are not that yellow!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the lion movie - I laughed and laughed! Great pictues too - such fun!