Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The job

One last update on my job.

The woman I replaced is back. She is doing some projects that are related to my job. Rather than train me she is just doing them. Whatever. She said to my boss that she and I would have a number of months to work on things before I need to submit the projects again. FINE, whatever.

Today she sent me an email saying that as part of my continued training she would be reviewing the work I have done for the last 10 weeks and provide feedback on what I did.

WHAT???????????? THEY WILL PAY SOMEONE TO COME IN AND CHECK MY WORK? WHAT???

A couple of weeks ago I said to my boss that I had visions of the bitch coming back and grading my work and marking it with a red pen and telling me where I have made an error or how I could have come to the same fucking answer using her preferred method.

Fuck that. I have worked at a bunch of places, I am in my 30s and pretty much a job hopper like my peers. We hop job to job to up our pay, it works real nice that way. So in all of my jobs never ever has someone returned a few months later to check my fucking work. NEVER. Come on if I'm making huge errors or doing something wrong. A. Accounting would call my boss. B. Patients would call and complain that I'm fucking up their billing. C. Doctor's would call and complain that I'm fucking up their billing.

Last week my boss said to me that she hasn't heard one single complaint about me and really she only hears positive feedback.

So I forwarded my boss the email (which she was copied on anyway) and said that I guess my visions were not too far off base.

So yay me, I get to work a full day and then come in during the night and weekends to train; FOR A NUMBER OF MONTHS.

Again fuck that. Just because the bitch is a spinster doesn't mean I want to be away from my life outside of work as much as she does. I have someone to come home to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a very special someone to come home to - who just happens to be almost 40!! LOL Hang in there!