Thursday, September 08, 2005

we all make mistakes

Yesterday my faux supervisor spent numerous hours looking for errors I've made. She was able to find 16. Considering that I work on about 500 accounts on the regular, 16 errors isn't that bad. Today I got this quote from my daily quote sender.

"Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to
determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself.
Otherwise, go on about your business."
*Norman Vincent Peale

I need to work on that. I've never really been good at taking criticism. It all began when I was 15 and working at Skagway, the grocery store in Grand Island, and Judy the bagger supervisor yelled at me for bagging the food wrong. She made me cry.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'd like to think I take criticism well, but I'm way too sensitive.

Having a margin of error at 3% is pretty damn impressive.